SPEEDWATCH - The Parish Council is investingating setting up a Speedwatch group.  If you think you would like to volunteer for this group (and 10-12 people are required) please contact the office for further information and to register your details.


Essex Rural Skills Project

Not working and over 45?  Come and join the Essex Rural Skills Project.  Funded by the European Social Fund and Big Lottery Fund, the courses are free to people who are not currently working.  For further details please see the leaflet HERE and/or contact paula.hockey@essexrcc.org.uk


Your vote matters - don't lose it

It takes just five minutes to stay eligible to vote on what matters to you – by confirming or updating your details, along with adding anyone new, to the Register.

So, if you've moved house, turned 18, recently married or never registered, make sure you update the register so you're eligible to vote in future elections. It’s quick and easy to register and by doing so, it can help if you apply for credit too!

You can register for free 24/7 either online, by calling or texting 0800 197 9871 or by returning the letters, which Colchester Borough Counci is currently sending to all households in the borough.


Community Special Constables - agreement has now been reached with Essex Police to support the employment of up to 4 Community Special Constables in Tiptree. Recruitment is now underway and you can see details of how to apply HERE. It may take some months following recruitment for training to be completed, so it may be a while before you see the specials in Tiptree.


Report from P Patel MP

MP Surgeries

Priti Patel MP holds regular surgeries in the Meeting Room, Tiptree Community Centre, 1a Caxton Close, Tiptree, CO5 0HA

Surgeries are by appointment only - to book an appointment e mail  WithamMP@parliament.uk or telephone 02072193525

Note - appointments CANNOT be booked through the Parish Council office.  Correspondence for the MP should not be left at the Parish Council office or the Community Centre. We cannot hold or forward correspondence for you. Letters for the MP should be sent - c/o House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA